To find doctors, dentists, opticians, chemists/pharmacies, NHS walk-in centres, hospitals and a range of other services in your area, visit the NHS Choices website:
In case of an emergency, dial 999 for ambulance/police/fire brigade assistance.

Registering with a GP and dentist

Once you have your permanent address you will be able to register with a National Health Service GP and/or dentist. You will have to call the surgery to see if there is availability for you to join their panel.
Your local doctor’s (GP) surgery provides:

  • general medical advice and treatment
  • prescriptions
  • referral to a specialist or a hospital
  • immunizations
  • tests.

Find a local GP or dentist at:

NHS Walk in centres

These centres offer confidential advice and treatment for minor injuries and illnesses. Staffed by experienced nurses, they are open seven days a week, from early until late, and you don’t need an appointment
Find the nearest Walk in centre at:
If you are seriously ill and need emergeEmergency assistancency care, you can go straight to an accident and emergency (A&E) department at a hospital near you.
Alternatively, you can call 999 for an emergency ambulance.
Find the nearest A&E at:

NHS Direct – 24 hour assistance

To talk to a trained medical adviser at NHS Direct call 0845 4647 or visit;
When you call NHS Direct, we’ll ask you to provide some basic information, including details of any medication you may be taking. They will assess your problem and advise you on the best course of action.

Scroll to Top